to Sansui Bangladesh
Under the guidelines of the Central Government of India, E-Waste (Management and Handling) Rules 2011 have been notified. Sansui stands committed to implement E-Waste Rules. E-waste has been defined as
“Waste electrical and electronic equipment, whole or in part or rejects from their manufacturing and repair process, which are intended to be discarded”.
Whereas, Electrical and electronic equipment has been defined as
“Equipment which is dependent on electrical currents or electro-magnetic fields to fully functional”.
In general terms e-waste is any end of life electronic product which is scrap and can not be used in any manner e.g air conditioners, refrigerator, batteries, television, mobiles, chargers, ear-phone etc.
Managing of e-waste is most important because it consists of harmful substances which can bring adverse effects to the environment as well as human life. By scientific disposal of e-waste we can save our environment and also prevent its potential negative consequences on human health.
There is need to encourage recycling of all useful and valuable material from e-waste so as to conserve the ever depleting natural resources. Recycling end-of-life products is vital if we are to save resources and minimize waste. In this regard Sansui has tied-up with an authorized e-Waste recycler namely Attero Recycling Pvt. Ltd for facilitating our customers to enable them to dispose off e-waste products after its end-of-life.
Sansui has initiated various activities to promote E-Waste recycling activities in the following areas:-
01. Manufacturing facilities – Control, storage & Disposal of E-waste through Authorized Recyclers.
02. Suppliers – Recycle & Disposal through Authorized Recyclers.
03. End Customers – As per guidelines laid down below.
Negative consequences of improper disposal of E-waste product:-
01. Toxic material present in e-waste get mixed with earth, air, water etc and causes health issues.
02. Oil & Gases which is present is some of e-waste like compressor and CRT causes environment pollution.
03. Batteries contains highly hazardous element.
04. Burning of rubber & Plastic in open area causes air pollution.
05. Any disposal through unauthorized agencies/person will attract action under Environment (Protection) Act 1986, which provides for imprisonment upto 5 years or with fine upto Rs. 1 Lac or both.
06. Bad impact on human being, animal, and other animates.
1. All electrical and electronic products are required to be handed over only to the Authorized recycler for recycling.
2. The e-waste product should be handed over only to authorized recycler for disposal.
3. Keep the e-waste in isolated area, after it becomes non-functional/un-repairable so as to prevent its accidental breakage.
4. Please call on toll free number 1800 4193283 for collection of e-waste.
5. You can also deposit your e-waste directly at the collection centers. For information of collection centers please Click Here…
Don’ts for E- Waste
1. The product should not be opened by the User himself/herself, but only by authorized service personnel.
2. The product is not meant for re-sale any unauthorized agencies/scrap dealer/kabariwalaas.
3. The product is not meant for mixing into household waste stream.
4. Do not keep any replaced spare part(s) from the product in exposed area
1. This initiative is the step towards a cleaner and greener earth. This move is one of the ways to show that we are concerned and thus we request all our customers to join this movement to make it successful by way of contributing their end-of-life product.
2. For more information about e-waste please visit at www.attero.in
3. For any assistance/guidance for disposal of e-waste please call on toll free number 1800 4193283.
4. Products offered for recycling are not eligible for exchange offers.
5. The service is available as per conditions applicable in respective area by Recyclers.
6. Sansui reserves the right to change the terms of the recycling scheme at any time.
7. This scheme is applicable only for Sansui branded Products.